On the other side of that door, here is what you don’t know: I am aching and I am still in love with you. You don’t know this because I haven’t told you. I haven’t told you because I am not the same kind of brave that you are. I have to remind myself to be sorry a hundred times a day for not being what you need. I have not learned to peel myself like you. I have not learned to stand naked in front of people and not worry that they’re going to ruin me. Here is to you. Here is to your proud vulnerability. I am still learning. One day I will tell you with my chin up, proud. One day I will let you hold the shaking nerves of me. But today, I am still learning.
“A Different Kind of Brave.” (via sequard
How can emptiness be so heavy?
Six Word Story (via drupahti)
1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life.
-Five things I am trying very hard to accept (via aumoe
A thought is a hard thing to control.
-Girl, Interrupted (1999)